Experience nature on the edge of the nature reserve
Distance 44.7 km
Follow the signs from the Elberadweg to the Gohrischheiderundweg. Passing through a forest, you will reach Jacobsthal. Here, hidden away, is the Saxon Triangulation Column. The route continues to Brandenburg. Here you can visit the prisoner of war camp Stalag IV B. You will pass through the villages of Kosilenzien and Kröbeln. Kosilenzien invites you with its gastronomy to stay and rest. On the way to Kröbeln the "Burgwall zu Cosilenzien", which was built between the late Bronze Age and the early Iron Age near the village, is fascinating. The route leads back to Saxony to the small village of Nieska. Here, too, small restaurants offer cyclists the opportunity to rest before continuing through the idyllic pond area of Spansberg to Tiefenau. The largest village on the Gohrischheiderund route is Zeithain. Once there, the fire department museum, the military history collection and the memorial Ehrenhain Zeithain invite you to learn about the history of the region.
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 08, 2021
Safety informationPartly natural paths
Tips and hintsElbe- Röder- Triangle e.V.
Getting thereUse the A4 in Dresden or exit on the A13 from Berlin. Continue to follow the B169 from Riesa or drive on the B98 to get to the starting point.
ParkingYou can park in the surrounding area for free or for a fee.
33U 384114 5690091
Book recommendation by the author
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWeatherproof clothing recommended
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view