From the Elbe to the Moritzburg Baroque Palace
Distance 24 km
The trail leads you along the tunnel monument and the forest swimming pool in Oberau. Afterwards, you can stop at the Buschmühle restaurant in Niederau. Drive through the scenic Friedewald forest to get to Moritzburg. You have the possibility to visit the castles or the Käthe- Kollwitz- House.
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 29, 2021
Tips and hints
Getting thereApproach via A4 in Dresden- Flughafen, use A14 exit Nossen-Ost or use A13 exit Radeburg. Follow the S88 from Riesa or Meißen to get to the starting point.
33U 388751 5674324
Book recommendation by the author
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWeatherproof clothing recommended
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view