The tour leads you through the large vineyard of the Radebeul "Lößnitz" and crosses several times the wine hiking trail, which informs you with display boards about wine growing and the region.
Distance 28.1 km
This tour starts and ends in Moritzburg at the station of the Lößnitzgrundbahn. After about 3km you leave the Moritzburg forest and get to the "Waldteichstraße". Follow the "Waldteichstraße" into the district Boxdorf. In some distance you will see the modern production facilities of the chip factory "Globalfoundries". Leave Boxdorf via the "Hauptstraße" and turn right into the "Lößnitzweg" 300m after leaving the village. After another 200m the "Lößnitzweg" turns to the right downhill. At the end of the downhill stretch you will reach the "Augustusweg", the beginning of the historical wine region. The path leads you past the hotel "Baumwiese", which was already built in 1680. Cross the S179 at the traffic light and follow, turning right, the "Augustusweg" into the city of Radebeul. The wooded hillsides are former vineyards. At the end of the 19th century, phylloxera brought wine growing here to an almost complete standstill. At "Eduard-Bilz-Platz" turn right into the street of the same name. After 200 m turn left into the "Weinbergstraße". This is the beginning of the vineyard "Goldene Wagen", which was newly raised at the beginning of the 20th century. Along the "Weinbergstraße" now follow a number of wineries with old, carefully restored winegrowers' houses and wine taverns. The "Weingut Hoflößnitz" offers the opportunity to learn about the cultivation and production of wine, the region and its history and is one of the highlights on this tour. The ensemble of vineyard, nature and historical buildings, make the charm of this landscape. Via the "Hoflößnitzstraße" you reach the "Lößnitzgrundstraße", into which you turn sharp left. Follow the signs for about 0.5 km until you reach "Obere Bergstraße". Here begins the vineyard "Radebeuler Steinrücken". From here on, vineyards and villa plots alternate. The signs will lead you to "Schloss Wackerbarth", the Saxon State Winery. Now follow the signs via the "Mittlere Bergstraße" to the vineyard "Radebeuler Johannisberg", to Coswig, to the "Weingut Matyas", the westernmost point of our tour. After visiting the winery, drive back about 400m and turn left into the "Talkenbergweg". The panorama compensates for the now following 1km ascent in the "Rietzschkegrund" to the vineyard heights. After about 1km turn right into the "Waldwiesenweg" and continue to the "Zechstein-Aussicht". Drive back the way a bit and turn right into the "Lößnitzhöhe". Via the "Auerweg" and the "Käuzchenweg" you reach the district Friedewald. Passing the "Wirtshaus Buchholz" and the tracks of the Lößnitzgrundbahn, the tour leads you to Dippelsdorf. Along the bicycle road at the Dippelsdorfer pond and through the small dome landscape you will get back to Moritzburg station via the Moritzburg district Eisenberg.
- Take your time and take a walk up the "Spitzhaus Stairs" designed by the Saxon court architect Daniel Pöppelmann to the vantage point "Bismarkturm" and panoramic restaurant "Spitzhaus"
- Guided tour with tasting in the dreamlike ambience at Wackerbarth Castle
- Visit to the wine museum Hoflößnitz
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: November 12, 2021
Getting thereUse the A4 in Dresden or take the A13 from Berlin. Via the S179 from Dresden, the S81 from Weinböhla and the Radeburger Straße from Radeburg you will reach Moritzburg.
ParkingParking is available directly at the Moritzburg train station.
33U 407732 5667875
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentWeatherproof clothing and tool kit recommended
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view