We hike along historic paths to the Forest Botanical Garden. A tour of the facility, which was established in 1811 and now covers 34 hectares, takes us from the woody plants of North America to Japan.
Distance 5.5 km
As the oldest of its kind in the world, the Tharandt Forest Botanical Garden was established in 1811 in a part of the Tharandt landscape, which was beautified from 1797, together with the second oldest forestry university in the world, which Heinrich Cotta moved here and is now part of the TU Dresden. Visit the oldest teaching building of the university in the green, the several times extended today's state arboretum up to the last created North American quarters in ForstPARK®.
- Forstgarten store with snack in the Museum Schweizerhaus (free admission).
- Forest Park Shop with snack in ForstPARK®.
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 07, 2021
Safety informationSome of the paths in the Forest Botanical Garden are steep and narrow.
Tips and hintsThis is a guided walk with a fee through the Forest Botanical Garden/ForestPARK®.
Getting thereFreeway A4 to junction Wilsdruff, from there follow the signs to Tharandt
ParkingParking spaces at the market (Am Markt), Naturmarkt (Pienner Straße/Dresdner Straße), P+R at the train station and Forstcampus TU Dresden (access from Dresdner Straße to the train attendant's house) as well as at Roßmäßlerstraße and at the elementary school (Wilsdruffer Straße)
33U 400430 5648650
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes recommended.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view