A culturally rich hike through the Freital district of Hainsberg with interesting sites such as the Hope Church, the Iron Cross and the Freigut Heilsberg.
Distance 13.8 km
The trail leads past buildings steeped in history, such as the Hainsberg Town Hall, the Mehnert Mill, the Roller Mill, the Hope Church or even interesting places such as the Iron Cross, the Rabenauer Grund or the Freigut Heilsberg in the district of the present-day town of Freital, which was founded by the merger of coal mining and industrial communities with farming villages as recently as 1921.
Places of interest along the way:
- NSG Weißeritztalhänge
- Park and estate Heilsberg
- Leisure center Hains
- Rabenauer Grund
- Church Hainsberg
- Iron cross
- Baking oven rock
- Park Heilsberg
- Holiday center Hains
- Rabenau ground
- Baking oven rock
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 07, 2021
Getting thereFreeway A4 to junction Wilsdruff, from there follow the signs to Tharandt
ParkingParking spaces at the market (Am Markt), Naturmarkt (Pienner Straße/Dresdner Straße), P+R at the train station and Forstcampus TU Dresden (access from Dresdner Straße to the train attendant's house) as well as at Roßmäßlerstraße and at the elementary school (Wilsdruffer Straße)
33U 400430 5648650
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view