Hike past historic castles and towers
Distance 16.1 km
From Niederau train station you will reach the charming Oberau moated castle via the lime kiln. After a tour, you will go to the tunnel monument and in the direction of Gellertberg. The hike leads through the Pressgrund to the Lässig/Richter winery. After a wine tasting you walk along the Höhenweg Wartturm, König-Albert-Turm and Friedensturm. Past Lauben Castle, the trail leads to the Fuchsberg and Spitzberg and down to the Spitzgrund pond.
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: October 07, 2021
Getting thereUse the A4 in Dresden or exit on the A13 from Berlin. From Radebeul and Dresden follow the S82 and then the S84. From Meißen you can reach the starting point via Niederauer Straße. From Großenhain follow the S81 in the direction of Weinböhla.
33U 399345 5670355
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view