Hike between Squirrel Ground and Saubach Valley
Distance 12.1 km
After a short stretch of the Elbe cycle path, the trail leads into the Eichhörnchengrund and after about 500 meters reaches the oldest functioning model mill in Germany, the Schulze Mill. Ascending, you reach Röhrsdorf and from there into the Saubach valley.
Then it goes back to Constappel and with the ferry again over the Elbe.
AuthorDresden Elbland Redaktion
Update: December 21, 2020
Getting thereUse approach via A4 in Dresden or exit on A13 from Berlin. Then you will reach the starting point via the B6.
33U 399853 5663369
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view