Along the Lotzebach you will reach Cossebaude. There you have the opportunity to visit the winery Fehrmann and stop for a bite to eat. Afterwards you descend via the Herrenkuppe again into the Elbe valley. The Lotzebach leads you to the Niederwarthaer bridge, over which you cross the Elbe and reach the Coswig-Kötitz ferry terminal.
Getting thereUse approach via A4 in Dresden or exit on A13 from Berlin. Then you will reach the starting point via the B6.
ParkingParking lot at the bridge in Niederwartha
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.